General Manager, Development Services
$80,932.80 – $107,244.80 Annually
To manage the Development Services Department which shall consist of developing, administering, and participating in the City’s building, property standards, services, compliance and improvement programs; including all functions and activities involved in inspection, zoning, development review, code compliance, construction, alteration, repair, and utilization of City buildings and structures and related properties.
· Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Construction, Facilities Management, Civil Engineering, Urban Planning, Architecture, Public Administration, or a related field.
· Ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience with at least five (5) years in an administrative or supervisory capacity in community development programs such as building permit review or inspections; code compliance; urban land use planning; or the equivalent in education, training, and experience, which would provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities.
· Master Degree in a related field may be substituted for two (2) years of experience.
· American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) membership is preferred.
· Possession of and ability to maintain a valid State of Florida Driver’s License is required